Experimenting with Encryption
Suggestions 1-4 refer to program ASM_Encrypt.
- Test it with your own text files.
- Increase the encryption security by doubling its number of keys to 16.
- Increase its security by adding a NOT operation. (NOT is a bitwise logical operator that changes every 0 in the operand to 1 and every 1 to 0. Application of the NOT operation a second time regenerates the original value of the operand).
- Increase its efficiency by encrypting 4 bytes at a time.
- Write your own program with in-line assembler code to:
- encrypt and store a password entered by the user;
- encrypt and validate the same password re-entered by the user;
- encrypt a text file using your own algorithm;
- decrypt your encrypted file.